Join the Quest Legacy Society
The Quest Legacy Society is our way of expressing our gratitude and honoring
those special supporters who have designated a planned gift to the Spondylitis
Association of America. Quest Legacy Society members are ensuring a future
wherein SAA can continue to fund medical research, produce educational
programs and advocate on behalf of the spondylitis community.
The reasons for making a gift
to the Spondylitis Association
of America are personal and
varied. Perhaps you are grateful
for the service and information
we provided you. Maybe you
would like to leave a legacy to
benefit future generations that
are affected by spondyloarthritis.
Perhaps you are passionate about
increasing the visibility of the disease. Or you may wish to take advantage of
the tax benefits of making a gift. We all want to find a cure.
Whatever your motivation, you will find there are many ways to leave your
legacy at SAA.
About our Quest Legacy Society Members
When I was a young boy,
my days, like those of
most boys my age, were filled
with sports. Basketball, soccer,
running-anything that kept
me moving. Before my 12th
birthday, however, those days
came to a crushing halt. I was
diagnosed with ankylosing
Read more about Brian
Making the decision
to remember the
of America in my estate
planning was a natural
extension of the ongoing
resources I have devoted
to the SAA since I was
first diagnosed with
(AS) in 2002. A natural
extension yes, but it is
so much more than that.
Read more about Charlotte
As a teenager, I learned to sail on Lake Allatoona, near my hometown of Atlanta. Since the day I first sailed on Allatoona's waters, I was taken. Sailing gave me a sense of freedom, a sense of focus amid the challenges of the teenage years.
Read more about Means
Planned Giving Options
- Bequest - Designating SAA as a beneficiary in your will is the simplest way to create a legacy gift to SAA without affecting your current financial situation. After providing for your family, you can remember SAA in your will for a specific dollar amount or a percentage of your estate. Estate tax savings may be significant.
- Life Insurance & Retirement Assets - Another opportunity to make a significant gift to SAA is with a life insurance policy or an IRA. You can transfer the beneficiary of an existing life insurance policy or IRA that is no longer needed by your family to SAA. For example, you can name SAA as a partial beneficiary, or you can make SAA the beneficiary of a new policy. This gift option is straightforward and does not require a will.
- Charitable Trusts - Setting up a trust that provides you with current income for life for yourself and/or loved ones is another way to leave a legacy gift to SAA. You will receive favorable tax benefits and SAA will receive what is remaining in the trust. We partner with a community foundation to facilitate this option. The two most popular life income gifts are charitable gift annuities and charitable remainder trusts.
- Charitable Gift Annuities - Ideal for people who want to give an asset (such as stock or cash) and receive a fixed income over the rest of their lives.
- Charitable Remainder Trust - A gift of cash, stock, real estate or complex assets in return for variable payments (a percent of gift). Donors can make additional contributions over time.
- Retained Life Estate - An option for people who own a home and intend to remain living here. The donor gifts property in return for an immediate tax deduction.
- Other Planned Giving Options - There are many other planned giving options available. Planned gifts have many benefits including the possibility of increasing your income while avoiding capital gains taxes and reducing estate taxes.
This information is not professional tax or legal advice; please consult an attorney or professional advisor about your specific situation.
Contact Us With Questions
Please inform us that you have included SAA in your estate plans by downloading the "Bequest Intention" form. For more information on the Quest Legacy Society, and how planned giving can work for you, please download the "For More information" form. Send these forms to: Quest Legacy Society, Spondylitis Association of America (SAA), 16360 Roscoe Blvd. Ste 100, Van Nuys, CA 91406. Please do not hesitate to contact Richard Howard, Director of Corporate & Foundation Giving at 800-777-8189 or email@example.com.