Development & Annual Giving Manager
SAA is a national nonprofit patient advocacy organization founded in 1983 and headquartered in Van Nuys, CA. We are currently seeking an energetic, highly personable, organized professional for a full-time opportunity in our Development Department.
Responsibilities include building and growing donor relationships, primarily through telephone and written correspondence, in order to maximize donor retention and involvement; coordinating volunteer fundraising efforts; providing staff support to the CEO and Chief Philanthropy Officer; performing proactive and innovative donor stewardship; and providing a sympathetic ear to the disease community we support.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills; a mature, professional, and energetic demeanor, and a passion to make a difference in the lives of the people we serve. Dedicated and responsible, this team member must have exceptional interpersonal skills and be able to juggle multiple assignments with grace.
Medical empathy a must. (The ability to empathize and connect with patients and their caregivers at every level.)
This position requires Microsoft Office skills, attention to detail and strong project management abilities. Previous nonprofit experience and familiarity with database management a plus. We offer competitive pay and benefits, and a friendly, 10-person work environment.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Development professional to further his or her career in the philanthropic arena with a world-class, highly respected charitable organization with a global footprint and excellent reputation. The organization is currently in an aggressive period of growth and expansion to ensure that we continue to meet the needs of our growing membership and patient base.
- • An affinity and passion for donor stewardship
- • A true people-person who lights up when the phone rings and whose smile can be “heard”
- • Excellent verbal and written communication skills including spelling, grammar, punctuation and basic business writing
- • Outgoing and innovative relationship-building skills
- • Superior computer aptitude, including working knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet and database programs
- • Strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize own workload to meet deadlines
- • Detail-oriented
- • Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion
- • A strong work ethic and desire to take pride in one’s work
- • Creative thinker; not afraid to think outside the box for small and big picture innovation
- • Ability to travel as needed to conferences and potentially meet with key donors that this position engages with frequently
- • Friendly, mature attitude and exceptional people and customer service skills
This position is available immediately. Please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to HR@spondylitis.org. Full benefit package available to include medical, dental, vision, 403(b), vacation, sick and personal days.
Apply for this position